Search Engine Optimization is – SEO, is the on-going process of making sure that your website performs as good as possible on specific search engine searches. It describes a series of techniques that improve the visibility of a website in search engine result pages. The goal of SEO optimization is to rank as high as possible for a certain search query.
SEO is a complex subject especially when you consider all the information and misinformation available on the web. The better part of this story is that the fundamentals of SEO are actually quite easy to comprehend, and if you give yourself a good foundation in learning SEO, you will be able to sort facts from fiction easily, and have the tools to delve into more advanced SEO concepts.
How to Approach SEO
SEO is a subset of marketing. A proper SEO campaign should fit into your overall marketing plan. SEO is not a set it and forget, but it is an iterative process. You do all that you can, measure the results and continue to improve. It is a never-ending process that requires a carefully crafted campaign and stable implementation. The basic principles are typically constant and building a solid foundation will help you in your campaign.
Aspects of SEO
- Keyword Research – You need to understand the three types of queries used by search engines. There are informational, navigational and transactional queries. When developing content for your blog or site, you need to be guided by this and develop a list of keywords to target. More about keyword aspect is discussed in our subsequent guides.
- Site Engine Friendly Site Development – This aspect deals with developing your site in a better way so that individual search engines can easily find and index your page. You need to organize your information and provide cues to search engines for what your site is about and avoid all potential pitfalls that may drag you back
- On-Page SEO – This deals with individual pages on your site and how to write content for both people and search engines.
- Link Building – This aspect deals with understanding how search engines crawl the vast metropolis of the web and link pages. By use of sophisticated link analysis, the engines can discover how pages are related to each other.
- Analytics – If you can measure it, then you can improve it. In SEO, measurement and analytics is critical to success. Professional SEO involves tracking data about rankings, links, referrals and more to help analyze the performance of a given strategy.
Why SEO is Important for Business
SEO is good for business visibility and branding
When people search for your products and services, you naturally want to appear as high in the search engines as possible. For business purposes, this means that if you continually show in all these search results, you are gaining more and more visibility to getting discovered by potential customers.
It is Cost Effective
When we compare SEO cost to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as social media marketing, PPC advertising, email marketing and purchasing leads, SEO provides a reasonably good return on investment. Organic SEO remains as the most efficient way to establish your online presence.
Brings more traffic to your business
The most vital aspect that a business owner would wish to get is more customers viewing what they have to offer. On your online presence, to have more customers view your products and services, you need traffic. A proper SEO campaign sets itself in ensuring that a lot of traffic is direct to your site.
Search engines are grabbing more market share
More than 85 percent of customers now rely on online reviews before making a purchase. This number keeps on rising by the day. A customer would be more willing to buy a product that has been reviewed and its performance analyzed. It won’t take long before almost everyone is searching for products and services online. If you want these customers to be able to locate your business, SEO is the only way to go.
It is important to have a healthy content
There are numerous and continued updates each day concerning search algorithms. Google and the other used search engines are constantly changing the way they look at websites. Some social media indicators now define ranking. Building a health content profile that is spread out for months and years is the only way to go. You can’t build this without SEO.